Christ Episcopal Church
Serving the Jersey Shore since 1865
In an effort to keep everyone in our communities safe and healthy, Bishop Stokes has directed that all Church services be suspended and church buildings be closed for all non-essential activities until May 1, 2020
To provide “church” during this time, please join us for LIVE services via your phone while safe at home.
These LIVE “tele services” are provided by our own Christ Church Clergy and Lay Ministers and are available on the following days and times through May 1, 2020.
Sundays, 9:45am – Sunday Service
Wednesdays, 10:00am – Healing Service
Fridays, 7:00am – Morning Prayer
To join in on a LIVE service, please DIAL: 712-770-5505 and then Enter ACCESS CODE: 189853#
Sunday & Wednesday Service Bulletins will be posted as available. Friday Morning Prayer Service can be followed on page 80 of your Book of Common Prayer or at https://www.bcponline.org/.
Recordings of each LIVE service will also be posted as available to be accessed HERE
We will keep you informed as modifications are made.
Please also keep us posted on how you are doing. Voicemails left on the office phone 732-349-5506 and emails to ChristChurch@ChristChurchTomsRiver.org will be received and replied to via offsite during this time
How We Experience Christ
From our Rectors and Deacons who live, teach, and love the Word of God. We are so blessed to have wonderful clergy sharing their knowledge of how we can live better in Christ
We have a variety of ministries to help and enrich the lives of those in our community and throughout the world. Loving our neighbors is our call and our ministries are how we show our light to the world.
"For where two or three are gathered in my name, I am there among them."
Welcoming and Celebrating all
Spreading the Good News of Jesus Christ
Teaching, baptizing and nurturing new believers
Responding to human need by loving service
Seeking to transform unjust structures of society
Striving to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth
Looking for More?
- God is infinitely more interested in the promise of our future than the mistakes of our past.
- The Church embraces and encourages those who are suffering or looking for answers to life.
- The Church is broad enough to encompass those firmly holding traditional beliefs as well as those questioning the essence of belief.
- Worshiping together is what it means to be a church: we gather to engage in ritual that invites the mystery of belief into our hearts and to be reminded of the stories of those who have gone before.
- It is at the end of our worship service that our service begins.
SEND US A MESSAGE!
Use this form to send a message to our office with a general inquiry, or to request an appointment with the Rector